• https://www.facebook.com/jaabercrombie
  • http://instagram.com/jennifer_abercrombie

  • Whole 30 Day 2 & 3



    For days 2 & 3, I was extremely busy so we had mainly leftovers.

    Friday, we had chili for lunch & lettuce wraps for dinner.
    [See previous blog post for recipes]

    Saturday, I worked a wedding most of the day and then came home to this delicious meal 


    Ribeye Steak & the most yummy Brussels Sprouts you will ever eat =)

    For the steak, just prepare to your liking

    Brussels Sprouts Recipe

    Ingredients

    Brussels Sprouts
    Pancetta (can also use bacon as an alternative and cut it up into tiny pieces)
    (both found at Whole Foods)

    Preparation

    1.     Trim the Brussels Sprouts & halve them
    2.     Blanch Brussels Sprouts in boiling water for 2-3 minutes and then drain
    3.     Heat a large saucepan, dice pancetta into thick cubes & sauté in hot saucepan
    4.     When Pancetta color & become crispy, add Brussels Sprouts on high heat until softened & season with pepper


    Saturday night we ended up going on a double date to the movies and restrained from all the movie junk at the concession stand while our friends indulged. 
    I would say that is probably one of the hardest parts about Whole 30, is the isolation you feel when you go out and everyone else is eating and indulging in whatever they want and you are just sitting their empty handed. 
    Going out to eat is a way of life in America, and its a way most spend time together. 
    So when you are on Whole 30 and you have to say no to eating out for the majority of it, you can start to feel alone. 
    But just know, what you are doing is so worth it. And nothing in life worth having ever comes easy!

    And I can already say, that just 4 days into Whole 30 I already feel so much better. My stomach bloating has gone away completely and I don't feel that blah feeling anymore. I wasn't eating terrible before we started but we were eating pasta and bread and dairy and indulging in sweets every now and then. Getting rid of all that makes me feel so much lighter already, even though its been such a short period of time.
    Those words could not be more true!! 

    Once you do Whole 30 and realize just how amazing you CAN feel when you fuel your body with the right things, you will have a completely changed outlook on food. 

    And one more thing, I've had some people say that they are always hungry on Whole 30. If you are hungry, you aren't doing it right (well in my opinion, I'm not expert). If you work out a lot, up your protein intake. You should be eating 3 hearty meals a day, along with drinking a gallon of water, and I promise you will not be hungry. I think a lot of people make the mistake of treating this like a diet and watching how much they eat. Yes, you should pay attention to portions, but also, if you are hungry, eat. I never felt so full on our first Whole 30 and I ate whenever I was hungry. I never starved myself and I still lost almost 15 pounds. 
    So with all that being said, eat a huge breakfast and drink lots of water to start your day off and then continue to eat a hearty lunch & dinner. 
    I also think people make the mistake of thinking they are hungry when they are really dehydrated. Hydration is key to your body performing at its best, and if you aren't drinking enough water, you will feel hungry. 

    I hope everyone is doing well with Whole 30 so far! 
    We find that having plenty of leftovers on hand always makes things easier when we are in a pinch for time. And you've probably already noticed that we haven't followed our meal plan to a T. But that's ok, find what works for you, and get used to eating lot of leftovers & I promise Whole 30 can be way easier than you think it will be =)

    2 comments:

    1. Love your posts! I have been diary free for a year and a half (changed. my. life.) and gluten free for 7 weeks. The hardest part is eating with friends or going to people's houses for a shared meal. Most people are okay and probably understand, but it can still be weird when I either bring my own food or have to specifically ask about foods. Even though food sensitivity/diet change has become more common, some people can still not understand. I'm still working on how to politely explain that they don't want me having cheese at their house. ;)
      On another note, hubby and I trying the lettuce wraps today! We've never had them!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you so much for the kind words =) I'm glad someone else understands the struggle of eating out/socializing. & yay for the lettuce wraps! They are so good, I hope they turn out great for you!!

        Delete