• https://www.facebook.com/jaabercrombie
  • http://instagram.com/jennifer_abercrombie

  • Halfway Mark

    So we have officially made it through 15 days of Whole30.

    I thought I was going to do better at blogging, but turns out, I'm just not great at sitting down and writing, so hopefully this post won't be obnoxiously long as I try to catch up from the past 2 weeks.

    I guess you're probably wondering, is it hard?

    Shockingly, for me, it really hasn't been. But for Josiah (my husband) it has been.
    Which is quite funny, because before this all started I was the one FREAAAAAKING out about it and he was like...o hush, you are over thinking it, it'll be fine.

    I think the way I feel has vastly helped me through. Y'all, I have NEVER felt this good. It's almost like my body is saying THANK YOU for finally eating REAL food and THREE whole meals a day.
    Because, before this, it was nothing for me to have coffee (loaded with processed creamer) in the morning and not eat again until dinner time and by eat I mean shove my face with a bowl of ice cream and candy. Horrible right?

    The best part about it? I've already lost 10 pounds!!!!!!

    I know they say NOT to weigh yourself until the end of the 30 days, but I figured day 15 was the perfect time to do so in order to give me that extra motivation to absolutely not cheat...especially considering we are doing this THROUGH Thanksgiving.

    Speaking of Thanksgiving, that has been a hot topic with most. The questions are endless. But for me,  I am actually glad to not be participating this year. Because I NEVER leave Thanksgiving feeling great, I actually feel horrible...like an overstuffed turkey that can't even walk straight. And then for the next few days I'm bloated beyond belief.

    Which brings another point up that I have realized while completing this challenge. When did food, something that is meant to fuel our body in the best way possible, become SO emotional? It is amazing to me how emotionally tied we all are to food, and most of the time, the worst kind of food. I'm sure we will hurt someone's feelings on Thanksgiving for not eating what they slaved over...even if what they saved over is chocked full of chemicals. But why can we not just enjoy each others company? Why does food has to be such a touchy subject? I've also noticed for me how emotional I made food. I thought I could NEVER give up candy, ice cream, red bull, Starbucks. But the reality is, we over idolize food. I know I did. We loose the point of what food is really meant to do. Not kill us, but help us live long, healthy lives. Once I opened to my eyes to just how much junk I was feeding myself with and then removed myself entirely from the over processed world, a light bulb went off. Why would you feed yourself cereal that contains TSP(a paint thinner). Who cares if it only contains 1%, you eat that cereal enough and you are going to end up inhaling a lot more than 1% of PAINT THINNER.

    Just something to think about...

    I know you can't protect yourself from it all, but you can inform yourself and learn to make better choices for your body.

    And for those who say that healthy food is too expensive....
    1) shop at the Farmer's Market, you can get a ton of produce and fruits for next to nothing & they are all fresh/homegrown & believe me you can taste the difference

    2) what you skimp on now, you will inevitably pay for later...because do you really think 40 years down the road your body is not going to be effected by 40 years of chemically over processed food?

    And for those who are curious, here are some of the amazing, yummy foods we have been eating over the past 2 weeks









    And a HUGE thanks to my amazing husband, Josiah, for cooking all this yummy food!









    1 comments: