• https://www.facebook.com/jaabercrombie
  • http://instagram.com/jennifer_abercrombie

  • Whole 30 Journey

    I’m anxious, nervous, excited, scared…my emotions are all over the place... 
    I actually wrote this post yesterday when I was much more excited than I was scared. And then today I read the (horror) stories about the first 10 days and the "detox" phase, and fear took over! My excitement immediately turned into dread and I just wanted to give up...even though we haven't even started!! 
    My mind is racing with all the “what if’s?” But I’m ready, so ready to stop feeling sluggish, tired, bloated, and just all around terrible. I’m tired of the afternoon slump where I just want to go to sleep. I’m tired of the headaches and jitters from my constant sugar highs followed by the extreme sugar lows. 
    All my life I’ve ate crap. I’ve always been known as the girl addicted to candy. I’ve never gone on a diet, or restricted my food. I even posted this picture a month ago:


    And that was so me, that IS so me, I work out so I can eat more crap. Or at least that is the lie I’ve always told myself. In high school, I was known at the vending machine queen. Now at work, I’m known as the sugar crazed addict that runs when the word “Donut” is spoken to be the first in line to snatch one up. It’s a role I’ve always played well. The girl who can eat endless amounts of junk. I’ve even been dubbed the “Garbage Disposal”. If it’s in front of me, I’ll eat it. It’s nothing for me to eat 4 donuts in one sitting…or finish an entire box of candy in 5 minutes. I just eat what I want, when I want, and however much I want. And I’m finally to the point of feeling so horrible about myself, and the way I feel, that I want to do something about it.


    So here is my pledge:
    On November 1st,
     Josiah & I will embark on the Whole 30 Challenge. 
    I can’t begin to imagine how hard it will be. I'm sure there will be days that will seem unbearable.
     I never, ever, thought a day would come where I would give up my beloved sugar and candy. But it has, and I’m so thankful for the desire to finally change my life for the better!
    And I figured, why not blog our journey? I can’t wait to look back at the end of the 30 days and see how far we’ve come. And I also hope by blasting this all over the internet, it will hold us accountable. So here’s to a new lifestyle and hopefully a changed mindset about food!!

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment